Wednesday, July 2, 2008

when Right is Right, and Wrong is Wrong...

Sometimes in life something comes along that seems to rub you the wrong way or just has the overall sense to it that something is definitely wrong.

I am going through something like this right now. I am struggling with knowing the correct and proper way to address the situation and my sinful nature keeps nudging me to pridefully storm in and take no prisoners. The other part of me, the Holy Spirit, thankfully tells me to just chill on it for some time, so that I can ponder and wait for the Lord to speak to me about how to address it.

The interesting thing about this situation is that I want so much to just go in and take control but the issue in itself is that I am feeling like I'm being controlled by my rights and freedoms being threatened. I know you're probably thinking, "well, what is it already?" I can't really go into the detail of the situation because of the sensitive nature of the issue and not knowing who all reads this blog.

I guess whenever we feel threatened that our rights or privileges are being threatened or handled inappropriately we tend to try to grasp back that control or at least try to right the wrong that we feel is threatening us. I know that God's timing in this is perfect. I know there is much more here than meets the eye. In my past, I would have reacted impulsively, usually escalating a situation far beyond where it should have gone, but thankfully, and by God's sufficient grace I am just waiting. I don't know exactly what I'm waiting on to happen except that God will speak. I just hope that I will be silent enough to hear Him.

I have looked into all the facts surrounding the issue enough to know that the way this situation is being handled is wrong. I am just asking God how it should all be addressed now. I feel that a possible opportunity to share the love of Christ is present here and I want to seize that opportunity if that's God's will here.

Pray for me please, that I would have His patience, His love, and His grace; That I would hear or see Him moving and join Him where He is; That I would seek the wise counsel of others; That I would see any bit of pride within me so that it can be confessed and repented. I want to do what's right here, and I wait patiently for Him to guide my steps.

2 comments:

Shannon Alee said...

Well, I do believe that so often we are not quiet enough within ourselves to truly hear God speaking. So, I will be praying that God will quiet your heart and let you hear what he is saying to you.
I'm glad we got to hang at iguana last night!

jc1 said...

sounds like your heart's in the right place.