Saturday, March 14, 2009

Storms

"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds,
for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.  
And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and 
complete, lacking in nothing." (James 1: 2-4)
 
One of my favorite passages in the Word.  However, tonight, I find it difficult to grasp.


"If any one of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all 
without reproach, and it will be given him.  But let him ask in faith, with no 
doubting, for the one that who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven 
and tossed by the wind."

I do lack wisdom.  I'm at a loss here and I am asking God to just give me perspective.  To make me steadfast and calm at heart.  To surround me with wisdom and truth.  To protect me from the evil one. 
I want to trust, I want to believe, and now I must fight. 

Lord, go before me.

1 comment: