Monday, September 22, 2008

A New Season...

   Today is the first official day of Fall.  A time for new discoveries, new beginnings, and new revelation by God's gracious love.  I am excited about this Fall, as I plan to finish up on a few long blog posts I started previously; start blogging about a new book I'm beginning to read, and discovering more about God's direction for my life and His purpose.  I'm also challenging myself to find a new and more fitting look for my blog.  I've got one in mind but I am still working on getting it formatted.

    A new year usually begins for most on January 1st, but for me Fall is a time of renewal and rejuvenation usually with a lot of self-discovery.  I pray that God will set my path and set my pace as I look to Him for wisdom, knowledge, and understanding.  As I seek Him to know His will for my life; to learn more about how He desires for me to servant-lead in Life Group, Homeless ministry, my relationship with Tricia, and hopefully how I may become involved with OMPC's Missions Committee.  I pray also that God will lead me in becoming a better steward of His gifts; that He will instruct me by the way of His Word in realigning my budget and finances to more efficiently work towards being debt free. 

    Today is a new beginning and while I forsee many challenges along the way, I set forth my hope and my faith in Christ as He leads me; without retreat, without reservation, and without regret!  God, give me Your strength, passion, and patience - for without You, oh Lord I have none.

No comments: