Sunday, September 28, 2008

Surprises, I love them!

We get surprised when we least expect something to happen. It is a natural thing and sometimes we love those surprises and sometimes they can be difficult. The other day, my girlfriend Tricia returned from her business trip to Pensacola. When I came over to her house to see her, she said that she had a surprise waiting for me. I was like, what in the world could it be and what for? I guess there really doesn't have to be a reason to get a surprise from someone else but she told me that with my birthday coming up soon, and that it was time to get it started now. I was like, what? Now, my birthday's not for another week or so, and she said very sweetly, well you don't celebrate your birthday just for one day but also for days leading up to it. I was like, well, this is all right! Anyway, the surprise was a fried peach pie from Peach Park in Clanton. She had stopped and gotten 3 of them for me. This was awesome! I love those pies and I had no idea that Peach Park was still open. Funny thing was that I was going to ask her to stop and get some but then thought they would not be open so I didn't bother to ask. Surprise! It's sometimes the simple things in life that make me happy, but more importantly was the fact that she thought of me while on her way back and stopped to get them! This was huge to me and I appreciated her so much! Anyway, I don't know why I wanted to share that but just did. I think this might be the best birthday ever...guess we'll find out soon.

1 comment:

Lee said...

So I'm wondering if it really was the best birthday ever?