Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I guess one can never really get used to a sudden death of a friend. Death in itself, spoken by the words of John Piper, is something that follows us around all of our lives. We cannot escape it, we cannot hide from it, we cannot avoid it. It just is.

I am exhausted. Emotionally, mentally, and physically. Today was a really tough day. A friend of mine, also currently my counselor, past away in his sleep last night to be found by his wife this morning not able to wake him. I can't even imagine how that felt for her. I am so deeply saddened inside for her and I don't even know her. I am sad for myself too. Dewayne, while he was my counselor, I also considered a friend. He has helped me to see so many things about myself over the last 8 months that have in effect transformed my life tremendously. Now, he is gone. Never will I have a meeting with him again. I last met with him on Tuesday afternoon this past week, and when our session was over, thanked him, and said I'll see you in two weeks, no knowing that a week later he would be gone.

I have much more inside that I will probably be writing about soon, just tired right now and I think sleep would be the best thing for this moment. I miss Dewayne. I miss his smiles and his laughs, I miss his serious look when discussing the tough stuff, I just miss him.

I know, without a doubt he is now in complete peace in Heaven with our gracious Father. He did not see this coming and no one was really prepared for it, but God knew, God knows and He will see us all through this. Dewayne Wood. A very missed dear friend. Love you bro, and I will miss our times together but I know you are in a far greater place than this earth that we still dwell upon. Good Night.

No comments: