Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A special prayer...

I want to just take a few minutes to lift up a couple of my dearest friends Julie and Shannon, who are leaving on a mission trip tomorrow morning to Uganda. Going on a mission trip out of the country is something that can be a very frightening thing, something that causes us to look to our Lord in all faith, giving up all our pride and control to just let Him do what He desires to do.

Julie and Shannon - I pray now for you that God would keep you and your team safe, that He will provide comfortable and quick travel so that His work may be done. I pray that He will go before you to provide open hearts and minds, and that the people there would accept and love you with open arms. I pray that your hearts be moved by our Lord in a way like never before, to put aside any personal agenda's or plans and that you will wait and watch to see where He is at work and join Him there. I pray that souls will be won to Christ by your actions, your character, your love, and your words that Christ communicates through you. I pray that you will both look to Him the entire time you are there, that your eyes will be opened to His supreme glory and magnificents within the midst of all the poverty and malnutrition, that you would display Christ love to all those you come in contact with so that they too can experience Christ. I pray that God will put a hedge of protection around both of you, to keep you safe, to protect your minds and hearts from the evil one and to comfort you in the times of your difficulties. Just as God has provided incredibly for this entire team financially to be able to go, I know He will provide incredible opportunities that can only be created by Him. Love you both and can't wait to see y'all when you get back. God speed and God bless you both.

Amen

1 comment:

Julie A. said...

I wish I had read this before leaving for Uganda! Thank you so much for praying and for being at the airport when we got back. They both mean/meant a lot to me. I love you, friend!